Dr. Oz's Top 5 Weight-Loss Tips
If you're a fan of the Dr. Oz Show like I am, you'll know that Dr. Oz has a wealth of knowledge when it comes to getting healthy and losing weight. From covering the diet to concocting delicious smoothies to showcasing the latest workout trends, The Dr. Oz Show almost always teaches you something new. One of the best parts of the show though is Dr. Oz's weight-loss advice. We recently scoured a list of his top weight-loss tips to find the 10 tips that you can incorporate into your routine starting now!
1. Never eat out of the box or carton. Sure, buying in bulk saves money, but it doesn't do anything for your waistline when your portions get out of whack with the enormous packaging. Instead of eating straight out of the box, pre-portion your snacks into small individual baggies. They're perfect portion control for on the go!
2. Get frisky. Skip dessert and instead have a roll in the hay with your honey. Healthy sex may also help control the amount of food you eat — and it's great exercise, Dr. Oz says.
3. Spice it up. Be sure to stock some red pepper flakes to your pantry. When eaten early in the day, Dr. Oz says that red pepper can reduce the amount of food you consumer later.
4. Become a weekend warrior. Many of us hit the gym and eat right during the week but cut loose on the weekends by indulging in fried foods and trading in workouts for sleep. Be healthy seven days a week by planning your weekend ahead of time. Think about what healthy foods you'll eat and plan your workouts, Dr. Oz says. Also schedule some relaxation time!
5. Have a puree party. Who said have to be boring? Puree peaches, pears and berries and spread them on wheat pita for a healthy and delish treat that's perfect for spring and summer!